The incoming RSS module does the reverse of the outbound RSS module, keeping you up to date with the latest news in your organization.
In the oncoming RSS module you are looking for an existing feed that you place on your website. These may be theme-related news articles or the latest articles from a local newspaper for example. When the visitor clicks on an article, an external page opens to the original article.
Where do you find existing RSS lists?
Many websites provide RSS lists, subdivided into different themes, in which articles appear with topics related to that theme. Often you have to search in the footer of a website. Usually you recognize an RSS list of this icon:
Some examples of RSS lists
An RSS page is an HTML page and looks like a dash of characters and letters. Only the URL of the page is important. Copy this to use the incoming RSS module.
- Go to the Paddle Store via the back end of your website
- Navigate to the "inbound RSS" module and press Install
After installation, you can also set the Inbound RSS via the Paddle Store
- Click on "+ Adding incoming RSS Feed"
- Enter the title and enter the URL, then click Save
- Go to the page where you want to place the list and go to "Page Regions". Add an Incoming RSS Pane to a region
- You can choose between the short title view or the magazine mode, which also shows images, the first sentences of an article and the date. If an article's intro is too long, it will be broken with three dots